The shop is open on Sundays from early February
to the end of November at the following times.
February – September 11:00 - 13.00
October - November 12:00 – 13.00
The shop is a service for members of the Child’s Hill Allotment Society. It is situated just inside the main entrance to the site from Garth Road. Its primary rôle is to provide a convenient way for society members to obtain a wide range of horticultural products without the need to carry large and bulky quantities to the site from garden centres, etc. And to buy at prices which in many cases are lower, often considerably, than from outside sources, because of the special deals offered to the society by its suppliers.
A wide range of horticultural products including
– Seeds in packets – from King’s Seeds and Seeds of Italy (Franchi Seeds)
– Seeds in bulk – including broad beans, field beans, green manures
– Onion sets and garlic bulbs - in February and September Seed potatoes – in February
– Composts Fertilisers - organic and inorganic
– Ground cover
– Odds and sods – including labels and twine
In addition to serving the plotholder members of the society, the shop welcomes members of the general public, who for an annual subscription of £1 can become Garden Members and enjoy the same discounted prices.
From the start of the year, Deborah Thompson has taken over the management of the shop.